Sunday, January 13, 2013

Installing .net 3.5 on Server 2012 - error '“Do you want to specify an alternate source path? One or more installation selections are missing source files…”

I was installing DirSync on a Server 2012 server (in the process of doing a staged migration to Office365 from an SBS 2008 machine) and DirSync required .net 3.5.  It should be easy, but when using Server Manager to install the feature, I got this error:

Do you want to specify an alternate source path? One or more installation selections are missing source files…

I followed these excellent instructions to install it:
http://www.danielclasson.com/install-net-framework-35-server-2012/

In my case, I downloaded the ISO file and unzipped just the sources folder and modified the path.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hii,
nice blog,My name is Saffron and i am Intuit certified ProAdvisor i work for QuickBooks Pos Support Phone Number +1-800-961-9635 and my hobbies are to share information about the software i work in. We provides on demand access to priority support for QuickBooks users. We are dedicated to providing accounting, bookkeeping, and technical assistance as well as bug related solutions to our clients who use QuickBooks for their accounting and business management