Wednesday, March 28, 2012

AT&T Uverse error on google - 404. That’s an error. The requested URL /cgi-bin/redirect.ha was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

One of my clients recently changed their internet service to AT&T UVerse. AT&T (in San Francisco) says they are no longer offering DSL, only UVerse. After setting up UVerse, one of my users was getting this error in Firefox when going to

404. That’s an error. The requested URL /cgi-bin/redirect.ha was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

She got a similar error when going to After some research, this seemed to be a common theme in Uverse. I resolved this by clearing the cache in Firefox:

Annoying, but easy fix. Of note - she did not have this issue on IE 9. Just Firefox 11.


stagebuilder said...

I've been having that error with, google, and facebook, even when I make them my homepage and when I try to run IE and Chrome. I thought firefox might be a better choice. Guessed wrong!

bumby999 said...

Same issue with chrome here, so doesn't seem to be browser dependent. I would guess ATT dependent, but still trying to resolve.

bouldercreek said...

I was getting the same error. The AT&T tech said is was due to the router setting IPv6. Set it to IPv4 and it fixed the problem. I don' think the AT&T phone or internet techs will admit this, as they always blame it on your computer or a malware infection

Jerry G said...

I'm getting this error both at work and at home -- and we both use AT&T Uverse.

rob armstrong said...

I have this error on my Samsung note 3 which is not on AT&T Uverse I'm on Verizon 4G and I have cleared my history and can't get rid of it. I do have Uverse but I have y his problem on and off the Uverse network.

Prologic Corporation said...

This is a good article & good site.Thank you for sharing this article. It is help us following categorize:
healthcare, e commerce, programming, multi platform,inventory management, cloud-based solutions, it consulting, retail, manufacturing, CRM, technology means, digital supply chain management, Delivering high-quality service for your business applications,
Solutions for all Industries,
Getting your applications talking is the key to better business processes,
Rapid web services solutions for real business problems,
Web-based Corporate Document Management System,
Outsourcing Solution,
Financial and Operations Business Intelligence Solution,

Our address:
2002 Timberloch Place, Suite 200
The Woodlands, TX 77380