- Make sure you have the most current revision of your year of QuickBooks, as earlier revisions are more likely to have problems. For example, QuickBooks 2013 R6 has at least 7 fixes that directly relate to correcting PDF problems in various circumstances
- Try the the PDF Repair Utility from Intuit, which works through a number of different issues with the various drivers and Windows settings. This works for MOST cases.
- Make sure you have proper access permissions to the “temp” folder in Windows (details for how to do this are in my article on QuickBooks/Windows 8 PDF problems, which has a few additional tips).
- If this is QuickBooks 2011 or older, check the outline below.
- If all else fails, try the Intuit support site for PDF problems, which has some other things to try.
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Troubleshooting Quickbooks PDF problems
Here's a good list of steps for troubleshooting problems printing/saving to PDF in Quickbooks. In my case, I was troubleshooting errors when saving to PDF on Quickbooks 2009 for a user. I use the PDF repair utility and it solved the problem.