Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fix for Netgear C3000 that will not connect to VPN

I found a fix for users with a Netgear C3000 cable modem router that are unable to connect to PPTP VPN.

In my test case, the user was on Comcast and getting error 800 when connecting to her company VPN.

First, make sure you can log into the router.  Default login and password are admin/password.  You'll need to be able to log in.

Netgear has this page which gives a download which makes an update to the router firmware to allow VPN passthrough:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26099/~/c3700%2Fc3000-vpn-pass-through-hotfix-for-windows

In my test, I had to apply the update and then manually reboot the router, but afterwards, I was able to connect to the PPTP VPN per normal.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post and very helpful!
routerlogin
netgear setup

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this kind of amazing blog about netgear router I'm always supposed to find this kind of informative blog because of it really helpful for me. For need help for Netgear Router contact at 0800-090-3220 or visit Netgear Phone Number UK

WiFi Extenders Setup said...

I am realy very happy , when i read your blogs about Fix for Netgear C3000 that will not connect to VPN. You are working good for any customer for find a right way for any help please keep it up and do best from your aside.
How To Setup Netgear wifi extender

los angeles said...

Hii, Thanks for share the info. Read more click on Netgear extender login