I wanted to move my Quickbooks Pro 2010 database host from one server to another. I had done everything right on the new host as far as I could tell:
- install the database only option on the new server
- update the Quickbooks version on the server to the most recent version (R16 as of the installation time)
- open up the necessary ports in the firewall (8019, 55338)
- share out a folder with the appropriate sharing and file/folder permissions
- Open the quickbooks database server manager and scan the appropriate folder were QBW files are stored
In this case, I was getting H202 folders over and over again no matter what I did. I went through many wrong paths, but I eventually found the problem to be the static IP address I had set. Even though every network setting matched the settings that DHCP provided to workstations, it still did not work.
The only change I made to get Quickbooks hosting to work was give this new server (a Win 2008 32 bit server) a DHCP reservation instead of a static IP address. I don't know if this added A record entry in my SBS 2008 server that was required or there was some other property (no WINS on my network) - but that was the sole change I made.
As for what I was seeing (in case this helps others).
This is what I'd get in the ND file when running the QB database server manager (without opening the files - note that engine name ends in _18 even though I'm on QB 2010 which means it should end in _20 . . . this is normal):
This is what the ND file would change to when I had static DNS in place:
This is what the ND file changed to after being successfully opened once I had the DHCP reservation in place: