Friday, August 22, 2014

Configuring Office365 on difficult XP computer

This entry will have no value to anyone else.  It's a specific situation for my own notes.  On the computer named Vostro1500-INTE, the Outlook 2010 has consistent trouble with configuring the Office365 account.


















I tried all these things.
  • Create new mail profile
  • Setting the login/email address to username@domain.onmicrosoft.com
  • Set DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 instead of internal DNS
  • Create and connect to VPN without split tunnel


In the end, I found that the fix was to 1) create a new Windows profile and 2) disable the crappy Trend Micro antivirus.  Of note, I recreated the profile at first wihtout disabling AV and I had trouble configuring email - so perhaps disabling the AV was necessary.

No comments: